Lamb Shanks





22 July 2008
We are in the middle of winter, here in Melbourne, and feeling the extremes from mother nature, we were feeling the need for a simple nice, warming winter meal. lamb Shanks seem to be sceaming out to me, what else could you feel like but a slow cooking meaty meal!

Before heading off to work in the morning I placed four lamb shank in the slow cooker as well as some cut up carrots, a celery stalk, light amount of garlic and mixed Itailan herbs, corn cut of the cob, 2 cans of tomatoes, thyme (4 teaspoons) 1 cup soup mix (soup beans) 1 cup red wine, I then turned the slow cooked to a low cook, went to work and return around 9 hours later to a wonderful cooked dinner.


3 comments:

Sally said...

Looking good Sparks (Sharron)
Well done you. I too have a slow cooker but am a bit ashamed to say, I have never used it. Is it really that simple? Set and go. WOW

Rhyleysgranny said...

Love lamb shanks. Mmmm Your blog looks great Sharon. I'll put you om my list. Good luck
xxx

JillyB said...

Great to see you blogging Sharron! It's not too hot up here in Sydney so I'll be getting out the slow cooker and doing your lamb shanks. Well done!